CITY OF BRIDGMAN
TRAFFIC CONTROL ORDER
- Pursuant to Sections R28.1125 Rule 125, R28.1126 Rule 126 and R28.1153 R153 of the Uniform Traffic Code for Cities, Townships and Villages as adopted by Bridgman Ordinance 124, Traffic Engineer and Chief of Police Theodore Post issues this Traffic Control Order.
- In accordance with the City of Bridgman Ordinance 38 and TCO 01-04, a police officer shall issue a civil infraction parking citation to a vehicle parked on a city street between the hours of 2:00 Am and 6:00 Am from Nov 1st to March 31st seven days a week
- For the recognized holidays of Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter, the week before and the week after the holiday, parking passes may be issued to residents who have out of town guests and do not have enough room to park in their driveways.
- When the residents call the police department and request a pass, the officer shall obtain the dates, location, make, model and reason for the pass and post it on the overnight parking pass list. This list shall be posted on the bulletin board and reviewed each night by the officer prior to the issuance of parking tickets.
- If a person on a pass list is issued a parking citation, the citation shall be dismissed when the error is discovered.
- At any other time other than a recognized holiday, if a resident calls requesting a pass due to the fact that their car has broken down, the officer may at his discretion issue a parking pass for that night.
- The residents requesting the pass shall be informed at the time of the issuance of the pass, that in the event that it snows over 3 inches and the city plows are called out to plow the streets, then all passes become null and void and citations will be issued.
- This Traffic Control Order shall take effect upon authorization by the City Commission and filing with the Bridgman City Clerk.
Theodore Post, Chief of Police
Date of Authorization by City Commission:_________________
Date of Filing with the Bridgman City Clerk:________________
Date Signs Erected:__________________________________