The city has 49.52 acres of land area dedicated for parks. By using city and state/federal grant funds, the city, unlike many communities, has been able to implement programs to protect sand dunes and to provide for public use of the shoreline in a manner compatible with appropriate environmental protection measures.
For information on renting the Weko Beach House for your event, please contact Cheri Heward at Classic Catering by phone, (269)465-4420, mail (P.O. Box 512, Bridgman MI 49106) or email.
Weko Beach is the largest and most actively-used park of all of the City facilities. It is classified as a regional park and contains approximately 42 acres of land area. The following is a list of specific facilities:
- Beach house/meeting facility with restroom and concession stand.
- Beach house deck and connecting boardwalk
- Boat launch ramp
- Large paved parking area, including dedicated parking for vehicles with trailers
- Dune boardwalks and stairs with observation decks
- Picnic tables, grills, and benches on beach
- Playscape, picnic tables, and grills near entrance to park
- 70-site campground
- Six log camping cabins
- Two shower facilities