The City Clerk is the official record keeper for the City of Bridgman. The Clerk serves as the Clerk to the City Council and records, transcribes and indexes City Council minutes, administers oaths of office, and attends regular and special Council meetings.
Other Responsibilities Include:
- Publishes public hearing and meeting notices, ordinances, bid advertisements, and all other legally required notices.
- Provides office and counter services including processing of voter registrations, the maintenance of poll lists, and the maintenance of official city records including Council minutes, resolutions, City ordinances, property records, contracts and other documents.
- Conducts national, state and local elections. Plans for, recruits and trains temporary election workers and election staffing. Drafts ballots for city offices and coordinates the printing.
- Directs election operations, coordinates the canvas of votes, and oversees recounts. Prepares budget requests for the clerks office, maintains activity records, and coordinate office and election operations with those of related city and county departments.
- Serves as custodian of the City Seal and all City records, documents and ordinances.
- Prepares reports for Council meetings, prepares surveys and other reports as directed. Assists in the preparation of ordinances and resolutions as directed. Assists in the preparation of agendas and supporting reports for Council and various commission/board meetings.
- Provides public records and information to citizens, civic groups, the media and other agencies as requested. Serves as the Freedom of Information Coordinator. Accepts claims for damages and other legal papers served on the City.
- Perform record keeping and accounting services for Accounts Payable, including processing of vender invoices and issuing checks for payment of services and supplies received by the City. Maintains vender database and files as needed.
- Performs related work as assigned and required.